SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Performance/ Recording Experience
- Produced and recorded the following vocal jazz albums with an International distribution and radio play, including Pandora radio: 2005 “The Look of Love;” 2009 “On Life and Love; ” 2011 “The Very Thought of You,” and 2013 “Christmas is Here.”
- Presently a jazz vocalist/entertainer performing in regional concert halls, and various venues including past performances at World Café Live, Philadelphia, and the Berks Jazz Fest., Reading, PAIn prior years, sang leading roles in several contemporary opera and musical theater productions.Performed throughout the mid-Atlantic states in concerts featuring prominent performers and composers such as Marvin Hamlish, Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman; and appearing at such venues as the Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall, Wolf Trap, and The Mann Center.
- Soloist and professional member of the former " Washington Singers" and "Paul Hill Chorale," Washington, DC, performing under the baton of such conductors as Leonard Slatkin and Neville Mariner.
- Soprano music scholar for several churches.
- 34 years experience in the following: private vocal and piano instruction, including ear training, sight reading, and music theory.
- Methods of instruction include: Classical, Musical Theater, and Contemporary.
- Presented vocal workshops to choral organizations on proper vocal technique & diction.
- Taught group voice and opera appreciation classes for two community colleges as part of their adult education curriculum.
- Developed and presently teach a vocal course for the aging population to keep them singing into their 60’s and beyond.
- Chorus Master of the former "Berks Grand Opera Company," Reading, PA
- Director of Music for several churches in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Founder/Director of the former “Berks Connection,” Reading, PA, a twenty-four voice community chorus.
- Directed and produced two original musical productions.
- Organized and directed vocal ensembles for various events.
- Former Director for The Berkshire Chorale, Reading, PA, a community chorus
- Presently the Director of the Alvernia University Senior Women’s Chorus, Reading, PA
- SATB arrangement of Psalm 23
- Vocal solo literature
- Proficient in the use of Sibelius
- Music editing programs
- Digital keyboards, and sound systems
- NATS - National Association of Teachers of Singing
- The Voice Foundation
- American Choral Directors Association
- B.A. Music, Alvernia College, Reading, PA, 1979
- Continuing vocal pedagogy & voice therapy classes through NATS and Westminster Choir College of Rider University, Princeton, NJ
- The Institute for Contemporary Commercial Music Vocal Pedagogy at Shenandoah University, completion of all levels of Somatic Voicework, 2005.
- The aging voice
- Presently serving on the Board of Trustees, of Alvernia University, Reading, PA, and serve as chair of the marketing committee.
- Presently serve on the Board of Directors of the Reading Symphony Orchestra, Reading, PA
Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify
Purchase also on:
iTunes and Amazon